Retreat to the iconic, beautiful and truly unique Australia’s World Heritage Great Barrier Reef and explore this marine wilderness staying 7 nights at Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort just 40 minutes north east of Harvey Bay, Queensland.
This is a very special and exclusive opportunity to really get away from ordinary mundane life and its distractions and to relax deeply enough to connect with your true self whilst immersed in nature on this remote island with other like-minded people. Let yourself relax and unwind on this coral cay island in a place of peaceful solitude and remarkable natural beauty. An experienced Yoga in Daily Life teacher will support you with daily yoga practices.
At Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort on the Great Barrier Reef, you can step off the beach and snorkel, swim or dive in an underwater world of brilliantly coloured species of marine life, or just simply relax and soak in the natural island atmosphere. The lagoon protects and nurtures the curiosity of beginners while a little further out those experienced at snorkeling and diving can descend to view the coral sea. With exceptionally clear water year round, you may encounter turtles, dolphins and a large variety of coral, fish and giant manta rays. It will be the season to see migrating humpback whales blow and breech. What’s included!
· Time and space away from the usual distractions and busyness of day to day life
· Invigorating and rejuvenating daily yoga (asana & pranayama) suited for all levels of experience
· Swimming, snorkeling or diving in the turquoise waters
· A glass bottom boat ride or guided snorkel tour (1pp)
· Watching turtle, marine and bird life in their natural habitat (guided walks included).
· Vegetarian (or vegan) breakfast and dinner at the beachfront dining room (lunch is extra)
· The scenic flight to & from the mainland ex Harvey Bay
· Guided Yoga Nidra or Deep Relaxation to recharge with positive energy
· Time and space to stop and listen to your inner voice
· Guided meditation sessions
· Waking sandy beaches and reef walks to the sound of the ocean on the untouched beach
· Lazing in the sun by the pool or beach
· 7 nights Accommodation of choice ie budget Eco Hut, Garden Unit, Reef Unit, or 2 bedroom Suite (prices vary).
· Linen, towels, soap and shampoo is provided
· Laundry facilities are provided so bring minimal clothes
· Use of Reef Education Centre & facilities
· Environmental Management Charge (Government Fee) and GST is included in the costWhat is not included!
· Additional costs for Scuba diving, dive equipment, DSD certification, night snorkels, boat snorkels,
· Wetsuit hire
· Lunch ($20/day pre-booked or $25 on day)
· Café & Bar purchasesFor more information and booking contact: email@example.com or 0411 285 461 ACCOMMODATION
The prices include all that is stated above in the “What’s Included” list.
All the rooms are fan cooled and there are no televisions, radios or telephones to remind you of the life you've left behind. With the environment in mind, all linen is supplied and changed regularly. Fresh towels are available daily. Communal washing machines, dryers and ironing facilities are available.Eco Huts - Budget Accommodation
The Eco Huts are roomy permanent safari-style tents with polished wooden floors. Each hut caters to maximum four people with two sets of double bunk single beds in each. The huts are constructed with canvas ceiling and walls with a flysheet over the top for added shading and temperature control. All windows have fly screens and zip up canvas portions for privacy, in addition to privacy dividers mounted externally to all side windows. Electric lighting and power points are available in every cabin as well as a free standing fan. A small entry patio is furnished with chair and table for added relaxation. Lockers are available on the island for valuables that you may want to secure. Communal toilets & showers are 30 metres away. Communal coffee and tea facilities are available. Sole Use $1914 ppShare $1466 pp (up to 4 people)Garden Units
Garden units are furnished with a queen and a bunk bed comprising two singles. Polished timber floors, wardrobe space and a ceiling fan are available in every Garden Unit. Tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar fridge are provided, and each unit has several 240V power points for low power devices like camera chargers. There are also power points in the ensuited roomy bathroom which has shower, toilet and basin. Each unit has its own large balcony with patio furniture arranged so that you can make the most of the views, and this is enhanced by the fact that all the Garden Units are slightly elevatedSole Use $2354 pp Share $1934 pp (up to 4 people)Reef Units
Some of these units have just a queen bed but most of these units are furnished with a queen and a bunk bed comprising two singles. Polished timber floors, wardrobe space and a ceiling fan are available in every Reef Unit. Tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar fridge are provided, and each unit has several 240V power points for low power devices like camera chargers. There are also power points in the ensuited roomy bathroom which has shower, toilet and basin. Each unit has its own large balcony with patio furniture arranged so that you can make the most of the views, and this is enhanced by the fact that all the Reef Units are slightly elevated (three steps up).
The majority of Reef Units are less than 10 metres from Sunrise Beach. Sole Use $2534 pp Share $2069 pp (up to 4 people)2 Bedroom Island Suites
Offering absolute beach frontage, the spacious two-bedroom suites accommodate up to four people and features a separate air-conditioned lounge room and private bathroom. The suites have a private balcony with lagoon views over Sunrise Beach. Each suite has a mini fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and a microwave.
Only 2 available now with beach frontage.Share $2704 pp (up to 4 people) FLIGHTS
- Flights to and from the island are included in the cost.
Make your own way to Harvey Bay
For connecting flights please leave at least 1 hour between connections.
- Going to the island flight times are from Harvey Bay 10.30 am or 1.00 pm
- Leaving the island flights depart at 9.30 or 11.30 am to Harvey Bay.
Virgin Australia flies direct from Sydney to Hervey Bay (Fraser Coast).
Qantaslink fly direct from Brisbane to Hervey Bay.
Tory's InterCity, provides a daily air-conditioned coach service between the Fraser Coast (Hervey Bay and Maryborough) and Brisbane. (Airport and City Transit Centre in Roma Street Bay 27). The ride takes 4 – 5 hours.
Driving from Brisbane is 3.5 hours.
(Please note: At an additional cost, direct flights from Gold Coast and Brisbane Redcliffe can also be arranged) TERMS & CONDITIONS – Please read carefully
For the purposes of the retreat atmosphere we request alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs, and non-vegetarian foodstuffs are not to be consumed at the retreat. PAYMENT
Deposit of non-refundable $395 at the time of booking. Balance is due before 23 June 2017. Bookings after 23 June, full payment is requested
Yoga in Daily Life cannot guarantee or reserve a place until full payment is received.CANCELLATION
If a cancellation is made up to 2 months before the start of the retreat a refund of the total balance minus $395 will be given. $95 is an admin fee. $300 was paid to the island under your name to secure your accommodation. Within 60 days but outside of 30 days of arrival – 50% cancellation fee applies. For any cancellations after this time the total balance is non-refundable. This is the islands policy.